If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. – 1 Cor 13:1-3
- Christ-Centered – We seek to bring together the Body of Christ in a spirit of unity to pray for and participate in the local sidewalk advocacy program.
- Loving – Love is the cornerstone of the ministry and the motivation for all that we do. We are present in order to love the mother and family facing an unplanned pregnancy, her child and our entire community, as we offer them life-affirming alternatives.
- Peaceful – Rather than yelling, shouting or condemning others, we boldly, but peacefully share the truth in love with those at the abortion center and seek to be an example to the surrounding community in how we conduct ourselves on the sidewalk.
- Prayerful – Prayer provides the foundation for all we do; our relationship with Christ is the source of our strength. Sidewalk Advocates are encouraged to pray before, during and after their time at the abortion center and invite their community to pray for the local program.
- Law-abiding – We comply with all local and state laws and act within the confines of our First Amendment rights as we share information.
- Servant-leadership – We recognize that our ministry is not about us, but sharing the love of God with those needing life-affirming alternatives. We seek to serve others around us first and be an example in all that we do (cf: Matthew 23:11)