The Sidewalk Advocates for Life National Team aims to keep accurate statistics associated with our peaceful outreach on the sidewalk as a way to keep the community updated on all that God is doing in our midst — and to give Him praise at every turn!
We define each category in the following way:
- Save / Turnaway / Turnaround – Pregnant woman who accepts our help at the local PRC or verbally shares that she has chosen life or gives us very clear signs that she has chosen life. Also, a woman who simply accepts the offer of a free pregnancy test and / or ultrasound / sonogram at the local PRC.
- Hopeful – Where a pregnant woman leaves the abortion facility to “think about it,” armed with life-saving literature and a referral to the local pregnancy resource center. (Sometimes, we are able to eventually confirm that a hopeful has become a save!)
- Abortion Workers Who Left – Where a worker leaves the abortion industry, influenced by our witness and offer of help through God’s grace. We refer all workers to And Then There Were None abortion worker ministry.
- Closed Facilities – A closed abortion or abortion-referral facility where there has been a Sidewalk Advocates for Life program.
- Current Number of Locations – Sites running a Sidewalk Advocates for Life program at an abortion or abortion-referral facility.