The Sidewalk Advocates for Life National Team aims to keep accurate statistics associated with our peaceful outreach on the sidewalk as a way to keep the community updated on all that God is doing in our midst — and to give Him praise at every turn!
We define each category in the following way…
- Save – Where a pregnant woman (or her companion(s)) lets us know that she / they have made a decision for life — or offered some other concrete sign that she is “keeping her baby.”
- Turnaway – A woman who is “turned away” from the abortion facility for a free pregnancy test and / or sonogram at the pregnancy resource center — whether or not we know she is, for sure, pregnant. (Sometimes, we are able to confirm pregnancy and a decision for life, moving her from a turnaway to a save!)
- Hopeful – Where a pregnant woman leaves the abortion facility to “think about it,” armed with life-saving literature and a referral to the local pregnancy resource center. (Sometimes, we are able to eventually confirm that a hopeful has become a save!)
- Abortion Workers Who Left – Where a worker leaves the abortion industry, influenced by our witness and offer of help through God’s grace!
- Closed Facilities – A closed abortion or abortion-referral facility where there has been a Sidewalk Advocates for Life program.